29th ANNUAL Starting The New Year CATTLE AUCTION & EQUIPMENT.
Cow/Calf Pairs, Bred Cows & Heifers, Herd Sires
SATURDAY 29th December 2018– 10:00 AM
OXFORD, NC @ Granville County Livestock Arena
Directions: From I-85, take Exit 204, go south on Hwy. 96 for 1.1 mile, turn left on Fairport Rd., go 2.4 miles, right on Cannady Mill Rd., sale ¼ mile on left @ Granville County Livestock Arena. Also from jct. of Hwy. 96 & 56 @ Wilton, take Hwy. 96 north 2 miles, turn right on Cannady Mill Rd., arena approx. 6 miles on right. Watch for cattle auction arrows leading way to sale.
Sale Site Address: 4200 Cannady Mill Road – Oxford, NC 27565
GPS Users – if you use Google it will get you to the arena.
TANDY OGBURN – WILLOW SPRINGS, NC
(10) Angus based home raised bred heifers, sired by BWF & Ann Angus bulls, longevity & docility bred into them, will calve @ 2-yrs. of age, mostly Angus with a touch of Hereford, due to start calving January 1, bred to Smith Creek calving ease Angus bull, nice set of heifers that earn their keep off forages.
MATTHEW PLACE – LOUISBURG, NC
(1) Red Baldie cow w/bull calf DOB: 12/8/18, (1) Red Gelbvieh w/heifer calf – approx. 300#, cow bred back to Hereford bull – could be a 3-n-1, (1) Senepol cow bred to Hereford bull.
HARRIS ESTATE (dec) – BUFFALO JUNCTION , VA
(13) Angus cows – mostly 2nd & 3rd calvers, average 1200#, medium frame, (12) calves from 200 – 600# so therefore should be a lot on 3-n-1, good body condition, will come when called, also selling 3-yr. old purebred Angus bull. This is a complete dispersal
WOOD ANGUS FARMS – WILLOW SPRINGS, NC
(3) Registered Angus bulls– DOB: 8/17, lots of growth, all ET calves, both heifer & cow bulls.
AAA #19224161, 19223387, 19226064.
STEVE PUCKETT – OXFORD, NC
(10) Angus yearling heifers, selling as purebred commercial, dams came from Upper Piedmont Research Station, Reidsville, NC.
RONNIE HALE – ENFIELD, NC
(3) Angus yearling bulls.
TAYLOR SPRUILL – WINDSOR, NC
(14) Belted Galloway cows, various ages, (8) calves – 1 small & 7 large enough to wean. This is a complete dispersal.
BILL DUNLAP – ROSEBORO- NC
(4) Reg. Limousin bred heifers, (4) Reg. Lim-Flex bred heifers – originated from Darryl Howard Farms, bred to calving ease Angus bull, This is a complete dispersal.
MARK SCAGGS – BAHAMA, NC
(9) Angus X cows, exposed back to Angus bull. If you have plenty of hay, these will be your cows to look at.
Also selling standard size jack, standard size jenny that’s been exposed.
Check the website for updates – expecting (15) more good black cows – some will have calf @ side.
All Cattle Will be Screened for Reproductive Soundness By Vet. All cattle 18 months of age & older will be EID. All cattle will be on regular vaccination program & parasite control or brought up to date week of sale (excluding all organic cattle).
Bring stock trailers sale day. Would like to load cattle out sale day. Trucking available if needed.
Sale order available sale day or check the web late Friday afternoon for posting. Print before you come & have a head start w/the pens marked that will fit your farm.