Bred Cows, Cow/Calf Paris, Herd Sires
CATTLE AUCTION –120+ Head –
Cow/Calf Pairs, Bred Cows & Heifers, Herd Sires
SATURDAY 7th April – 2018 – 10:00 AM
C LINTON, NC
Just In Time For Gass of 2018
Directions: Being in Clinton, NC jct. of ByPass 701 & 421, take Hwy. 421 south approximately 2 miles, sale on right @ George P. Upton Sales Arena. Note: this is approximately 1 mile after the 4-lanes end. When you see road sign pointing to left let up on the foot feed, arena is on right.
SALE SITE ADDRESS: 93 AGRICULTURE WAY – CLINTON, NC 28328
Jerry Don McLamb – Benson, NC
(25) Head consist of (17) Blacks – appear to be Angus X, (5) Smokes – appear to be Simmental Angus X, (2) Reds – appear to be Gelbvieh X, (1) BWF – @ press calves there are (11) Angus sired calves – 9 are approx. 3 months of age, 2 are approx. 5 months of age, others could have more new babies @ side sale day, cattle are large to medium frame, most are 3rd & 4th calvers, rest are middle age, all forage based, running with Woods Angus bull approx. 4 years old that also sells, should be lots of 3-n-1, this herd has a fancy set of calves on the ground. This is a complete herd dispersal of Jerry Don McLamb’s herd that is located on Hwy. 242, just southeast of Char-Grill. Also selling donkey gelding = Jerry Don said he is an excellent guard? The man he bought him from told Jerry Don he was broke to ride, drive & pull a plow although Jerry Don has never hooked him up. Only reason for selling cattle is due to health issues.
J & M Farms – Salemburg, NC
(51) Head consist of (6) Red Angus, (3) BWF, (2) Hereford, (2) Red Baldie, (38) Angus, @ press time there are (37) calves on ground – (32) are fall ’17 calves, (5) are 1 ½ months of age, expecting more to be born before sale day, cattle are medium frame, thin, young to middle age, (3) Registered Angus bulls taken out spring of ’17 & put back in February 19, 2018 fall calvers should be due Nov. 19 – Jan. 20th. Herd has been feed minerals & hay only. If you have forages you can change the looks of these cattle in 60 days. A complete dispersal as owner is moving to a stocker operation.
Brova Cattle – John & Emily Barnes – Autryville, NC
(3) Angus cows middle age, medium frame, (2) Angus heifers born fall ’16, medium frame, cattle due to calve early fall to Blinson Hereford calving ease bull, cattle have been on a pre-breeding vaccination program, good body condition, excellent feet & udders, cattle are gentle. If you are looking cattle to raise some great Baldie calves, here they are.
Scott Deans Middlesex, NC
(4) Balancer cows , 4-yrs. old, medium frame, good condition, (2) have steer calf, (2) have heifer calf, (2) Angus 2nd calvers – (1) has steer calf, (1)has heifer calf, all calves sired by Balancer bull early spring born, fancy cattle.
Louis Fulcher – Stedman, NC
(12) Registered Angus bulls consist of (7) long yearling bulls AAA registration # 18696836 DOB 4-14-16, # 18648501 DOB 6-5-16 , # 18648503 DOB 7-13-16, # 19017484 DOB 4-3-16, # 18648504 DOB 7-7-16, 19017485 DOB 4-6-16, # 19017487 DOB 4-6-16, # 18648506 DOB 5-23-16, (3) 3-year olds AAA registration # 18231288 DOB 2-24-15, # 18231293 DOB 3-14-15, # 18231290 DOB 3-10-15, (1) 5-year old AAA registration # 17733972 DOB 3-25-13
(12) Commercial bred cows ages 3-9 years, due to calve Nov. & Dec. bred to Angus bull.
Other Cattle: Angus bull raised by Rock Hill Cattle Co Norlina, NC, 30 months of age, proven calving ease, used successfully on heifers, good disposition., (18) cows w/new calves
All Cattle Will be Screened for Reproductive Soundness By Vet. All cattle 18 months of age & older will be EID. All cattle will be on regular vaccination program & parasite control or brought up to date week of sale
Bring stock trailers sale day. Would like to load cattle out sale day. Trucking available if needed.
Sale order available sale day or check the web late Friday afternoon for posting. Print before you come & have a head start w/the pens marked that will fit your farm